Welcome! Thank you for your interest in Breakthrough's study.
Our goal is to evaluate the potential benefits of online counseling when combined with in-person sessions. Among other things, we’d like to better understand how video counseling might be used to ease physical or time constraints for both client and provider. To participate in the study we’ll ask you to: 1) register, and 2) fill out a brief 10-question survey after each eligible client has completed a session.
In exchange for your participation you’ll receive $50 after each completed survey and free use of the Breakthrough platform.Study requirements:
- Client must be current face-to-face client who has never had a session via Breakthrough.
- Every session must be hosted on the Breakthrough platform.
- One survey can be completed per new client.
- We ask you to take a brief 10-question survey.
- All sessions and surveys must be completed between 4/25/14 and 10/31/14.
If you previously registered for our initial
study you do not need to register again.
Frequently asked questions
1. How do I get paid?
Once you’ve registered, please enter your bank account information on your Breakthrough profile under Account Details.
2. Is eligibility determined at all by the way a client pays for a session?
No. You can use video counseling with three different types of clients:
- Self pay clients
- Patients insured by an insurance company not contracted with Breakthrough
- Patients insured by a Breakthrough contracted insurance company
3. Is there a limit to the number of surveys and clients?
There is no limit to the number of surveys you can complete. However, you can only complete one survey for each new client.
4. Can I count a new client session occurring prior to April 25, 2014?
No, a new client session is one that occurs on or after April 25, 2014 and on or before October 31, 2014.